Moving..... best way to do it

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
Moving back from college home from college what is the best way to do this to keep the stingray good... Im planning on getting a rubber made container to move him in, and fill another one with water and start him off in my 55 until I get my 300 up and running .... any cautions i should take... i think this is the best way to do it...

jdepasqu2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
philadelphia
have a tank waiting that has very similar if not exact water parameters...... that way alls you need to do is make sure that your water stays warm, airated and free of ammonia while transporting.....

also make sure you purge ur ray for atleast 3 days before trying to transport in a smaller volume of water.........

Dont try to cut corners...... and definetely be sure that what ever containers you use are clean and free of any residues or anything...., because if there is anything then it will change the small volume of water fast resulting in stress and poss. death.....

GOOD LUCK......, many MFKer's have had bad things happen while transporting their rays.......

jdepasqu2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
philadelphia
JUST DONT GET CAUGHT UP WITH MOVING YOUR OTHER STUFF..... DO ONE AT A TIME AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE......, THE TRICK IS TO JUST HAVE A TANK WAITING THERE FOR YA WHEN YOUR DONE WITH YOU TRAVELING....... ITS EASY FROM THERE......

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
had them in rubbermaids with air pumps for a lot longer than that... you will be fine give it a good drip acclimate when you get home and drop it in the tank...

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
When rays are shipped overseas they can live in a bag of water for 24-48 hours.. Just don't feed them a few days until transport!!

:iagree: follow the above advise, battery operated air pump is a good idea!

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Miles;1340080; said:
When rays are shipped overseas they can live in a bag of water for 24-48 hours.. Just don't feed them a few days until transport!!

:iagree: follow the above advise, battery operated air pump is a good idea!

I think you meant "Before"...correct? The way it reads I would think you were saying feed them right before they get shipped....

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
You dont want to feed before shipping or else all there dump is in the bag and the water goes nuts

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store