Moving my 210g, do I need to keep the old water?

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
I would take all bio media (bio balls, pot scrubbies, ect.) and put them in a bucket with old tank water. get myself a water tight 55 gal drum. and drain your tank into the drum while it's in the back of the truck your going to move it in. when the drums full drain the rest of the tank and load it up. this way when you get to the new place you will have 55 gals of old water and your bio media should be safe in a seperate bucket.

As for aclimating the fish I can't really help you there sry JC

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
No need for old water...Just keep media wet..(the can should have 12 hours of static life in it easy) 100% new water..Prime...No need to overdose the prime either...Add filters and start up...If you can match water temps, no acclimation would be necessary either...It'll be a lot easier than you think. The one thing I would do (if you have substrate) is not worry about vacuuming it and keep it wet too....Just add the dirty gravel into the clean water/ prime and you will have nothing to worry about....Hawk nailed it on page one....:)

tankboy_taylor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2008
Southern,NH
so will bio media be safe in to move sealed in its canister for a couple hours without dieing? bout to make a short move also and want everythin to go smooth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store