Mr.Firemouth is back!

Mr.Firemouth

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2006
st.louis
Hi everyone.
I took a vacation from the hobby for about 8 years but am getting back into again. In 2016 I had health issues (lupus), then a divorce in 2017, and then a serious 30’ fall at work in 2019. Needless to say life got rough for a while.

I sold off my tanks from my fishroom in 2017 and then sold the house. I really couldn’t keep tanks for quite a while but now being medically disabled I have time to enjoy a few small tanks. Maybe one day I could return to line breeding Firemouth cichlids for intense colors but not yet. Just getting my feet wet again.

I’m amazed by how much the hobby has changed. Large tanks are a thing of the past. The marineland 300 gallon used to be popular but it seems that they now cater to the nano crowd. Shame.

I’m also surprised by the costs of everything now. Especially the custom built 200 gallon tanks. Outrageous.

for now I’m keeping a few nanos. Heavily planted with tiny fish and neocardina shrimp. I miss the stability of my 6’ aquariums. Water parameters can rapidly change in 10 gallons compared to 300 gallons. But, it keeps me on my toes😂

looking forward to getting back into the community

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store