Mummified Fish Collection

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
WOW, nice.. thanks for sharing. They look like the ones attached to a wooden frame put on the wall at a fish gamer's oak house or something haha.. How much baking soda do you have to put in on them every week until completely dry and hard? I'm guessing big pool inches of baking soda completely covering the fish in the container?

Aquaculture Tyler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
Alamosa Colorado
WOW, nice.. thanks for sharing. They look like the ones attached to a wooden frame put on the wall at a fish gamer's oak house or something haha.. How much baking soda do you have to put in on them every week until completely dry and hard? I'm guessing big pool inches of baking soda completely covering the fish in the container?
Thanks! Im wanting to make small acrylic display cases for them. About an inch or two on the bottom then the same covering the fish. I try to find a container about the same size as the fish. Small fish only take a couple weeks some take a month or two. The color of the fish will pretty much determine how well the fish will look once done silver and brown fish come out the best. Colorful fish are hit and miss sometimes they keep some of there color and sometimes they turn an ugly brown color.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Creepy...........sorta disturbing.........yet kinda cool.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I'll take a pic when I get home but it worked pretty well on an atf but some catfish I did it with came out so dried out that they didn't look very good at all so I just tossed them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store