mushroom care

cichlidman1888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Mansfield , Ohio
I have some mushrooms and at the time i cannot think of what they are called , they are a brownish color and at times get a light greenish color to the centers , if that gives anyone an idea what they are , there are a cluster of the about 15 to 20 of them ranging from 3 to 4 inches round to maybe 5 . i have the phytoplex and how often should i be feeding them. they are sitting about 1 foot to a foot and a half , rough or bad measurement there just estimating , but they are under compact flourescents that run from 11 am to about 10 pm. is this good to much and is there any extra care that i can do.

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
cichlidman1888;3084157; said:
I have some mushrooms and at the time i cannot think of what they are called , they are a brownish color and at times get a light greenish color to the centers , if that gives anyone an idea what they are , there are a cluster of the about 15 to 20 of them ranging from 3 to 4 inches round to maybe 5 . i have the phytoplex and how often should i be feeding them. they are sitting about 1 foot to a foot and a half , rough or bad measurement there just estimating , but they are under compact flourescents that run from 11 am to about 10 pm. is this good to much and is there any extra care that i can do.
Sound's like some kinda discosoma. I feed my mushroom coral's everyday but i mix it up sometime's phytoplankton some times marine snow, you sound like your doing everything right so far keep up the work and ask if you need to know something else.

mr.reef24

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
care?

i've had my shrooms in a 29 biocube for about 3 years with no special care, they've gone from 2 polyps to over 20 and the size of your hand

same with my other batch of shrooms

spring007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Where there is sunshine
I agree with the above post...I don't think they need any "special" care...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store