My 180 broke upstairs in Apt.

Divinehammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sherwood park Alberta Canada
definitely don't want to be the guy bellow him. I see 180 gallons all over the place coming, if that tank isn't fixed properly.:headshake

Wulfonce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2009
Ontario
I'm still not sure if this thread is a joke or not...

I have time this weekend I will drain it and try to do a better patch work ***but isn't a priority at this time.***

I would be draining that thing out and finding a replacement tank or rubbermade tub asap. If that tank ever went, the damage costs would be 10x what a new tank would cost. I've dealt with water damage in renovations, and it can cost thousands. Especially if its on an upper floor.

maxxxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
Needham, MA
www.linkedin.com
I'm still not sure if this thread is a joke or not...

I would be draining that thing out and finding a replacement tank or rubbermade tub asap. If that tank ever went, the damage costs would be 10x what a new tank would cost. I've dealt with water damage in renovations, and it can cost thousands. Especially if its on an upper floor.
...and wulfonce is just giving you the best case scenario in case you were wondering.

I've been in the hobby for a while; but I've been a real estate litigation attorney for even longer.

When that tank has a blow-out (the more experienced commenters say when NOT if & I'm defaulting to them) it is going to get very ugly and the repercussions will last years. You'll probable feel relieved (although in debt) when the lawsuits filed by your landlord, neighbours, condo association, etc finally end.

However that peaceful feeling will last right up until you get hit with the complaints filed by the insurance companies who had to pay out on damage claims.

Suggestion:
Rubbermaid Brute trash cans. They're nontoxic, hold a great deal of water and are used by a great many folks to hold their RODI water. To get an idea <http://www.rubbermaidcommercialproducts.com/c34/c42/BRUTE-Round-Containers-c241.html>

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Redtail Monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Manchester, MI
Those commercials are so annoying!
My favorite part is when they are talking about your roof leaking... "dont call a repair man, they can cost thousands"....

Aka, don't fix your house the right way, do a half arsed job "patching" it... What a joke! As a roofer, that blows my mind! The roof on your house protects everything you have worked for, and you want to "fix" it with a $3 can of "as seen on tv" product... :thumbup:

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
Why no pictures? I'm not a believer

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
YUP

Plus If i had this happen to my tank, I would drain ASAP and throw all the fish in tubs untill I get another tank or just rehome them to a friend who is willing to keep them for awhile

maxxxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
Needham, MA
www.linkedin.com
My favorite part is when they are talking about your roof leaking... "dont call a repair man, they can cost thousands"....

Aka, don't fix your house the right way, do a half arsed job "patching" it... What a joke! As a roofer, that blows my mind! The roof on your house protects everything you have worked for, and you want to "fix" it with a $3 can of "as seen on tv" product... :thumbup:

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+5

Slightly off topic, but I had a Neighbor a few years back who had a "handyman" (not a roofer) take a look at some water marks in his ceiling. The guy told my Neighbor it was just from a few localised ice dams and not to worry.

Flash forward about eighteen months and the poor b@stard is tearing open walls due to rot from a leaking roof.

Possible the only worthwhile thing a learned in law school is that people are called professionals for a reason: don't ask a doctor for legal advice, a mechanic for stock tips, or some clown hawking products on an infomercial for roofing tips. :)

Roofers like any other professional get paid at higher rate due to expertise & experience.

maxxxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
Needham, MA
www.linkedin.com
I wonder if its happened yet.

Update, OP?
+1

OP?

We are a community and we are trying to help you stave off a disaster.
So an update would be appreciated.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Red tails gonna need a new tank eventually anyways, buy a bigger tank and use the 180 as a reptile enclosure!

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

women?! pleeze. you're like one of my grandsons. I can't even visualize you thattaway, it's just wrong.
I forgot all about NLS.

you might wanna cut back on your jet fuel intake.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store