My 300 Gallon Tank - Finally !!!

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
heavyhitter;2832769; said:
I like how you went all out on filtration. I love to have alot of filtration myself. Nothing gets to me as bad as an overstocked tank with poor filtration.

Your plants will look more "real" once they age some and the color fades and get algea on them.

I am sure the barbs wont last long once the O's get big. I had some baby O's and once they got big enough to get the HUGE tiger barbs in thier mouth they slowly pick off the schoal one by one, mostly at night.

Where in Nebraska are you at?
Thanks for all of the recent replies!!

The plants are starting to get a bit of minor algae growth on them and they definitely look better now. Another Tiger Barb bit the dust just last night, I'm down to 4 now.

Not too far south of Omaha. Which part are you in?

HOW MUCH IS A 300 GAL
I've lost track. :naughty:

Those fish are spoiled!
Thanks, I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Tank update: I'm working with the owner at ReeFlo to get my pump sized right to push through my two Ocean Clears and UV. I started with a Barracuda and just didn't get the flow. He sent me a larger impeller and still not enough. Today I received the Hammerhead impeller and will give that a go this weekend.

Once I get that system online I will do another tank shoot and get some new pics posted.

Thanks again everybody!

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
heavyhitter;2867061; said:
I am in West Omaha.
Howdy neighbor!

Hammerhead didn't work either. :( I now have a shiny new Marlin sitting in my filter room. Hopefully get it plumbed and running in the coming week.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Bud8Fan;1501640; said:
Thanks!

Two Oscars will be the main attraction. Then probably Pictus Cats, Clown Loachs, Electric Blue and Yellow Chiclids, Severums, Silver Dollars, maybe an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey.

I'm still not 100% decided but I do know I'll end up with one Red Tiger Oscar and One Albino Tiger Oscar.

Will be interesting to see how long the plants last. :)
so.. I gotta ask again :) Any tiger barbs left ;):grinno::D:D:D

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
I love the red volcano with moon lighting.. :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store