My 540 -- Pics -- Mostly Vieja

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
You have all my favirote fish bro. Tank looks awesome. Whos the boss ? Did the argentea pair up ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Thanks for looking and for your compliments everybody. I really appreciate it. The boss of the tank is the oldest fish I have, a female (I think) Synspilum. She's older, every fish in there saw her as the boss when they were younger, she's still bigger than most of the fish in the tank at 12 inches. The Argentea are about a year old, and I'd say they're all around 6 inches, and one is noticeably bigger, meaner, and thicker than the other Argentea.

No sign yet of pairing with the Argentea, and I hope they don't. It's a huge pain. The Breidohri paired off with a Fenestratus, and they were so bad together I had to re-home the Fenestratus.

The scape is kinda plain right now. I tried plants for a couple days and the fish just tore em out of the sand for fun. I'm really spoiled to the bare tank because solids on the bottom are real easy to vacuum out. That big driftwood only touches the bottom in 3 places, so water current just blows right under it, trash doesn't collect under it. All solids end up in the corners. If I started scaping with rocks and more driftwood, it'd be harder to vacuum.

I have a few growouts in a 125 that I want to put in there--Boucourti, some more Zonatus, and a Carpintis. After that, I'm good. I'll have all the fish I really want to have in that tank, so I'll just watch 'em grow.....though, I'd LOVE to have a big black umbee........

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
There's 2 of them in there. Wild caught from "Rio Bonano". I really like those alot, too. Lots of black, dark, on a blue background, greenish sheen towards the tail, awesome body shape. They probably won't get any red under the throat, though--only thing they're missing. They're pretty nasty, around 6 & 8 inches I'd guess.
That black belt is really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
:) forks are for feeding zucchini. I learned that from a guy on here. Just half a zucchini lengthwise, stick that fork in it, and wedge it under a rock. Fish love it, make a total mess in the tank. Keeps the zuchini from floating up.
I like it.

What's with the forks?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Great set up, glad to see it has all come together for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store