My amazon monster project

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
Subbed! What do you have planned for stocking fish wise? Plant wise? Terrestrial-animal wise?

I'm a bit confused. Will the tank have land areas and water areas both enclosed by the glass? Or is it more like an aboveground pond that will have amazonian plants around it?

geophagus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Norway
Long time with no updates... had to stop the project due to hundreds of others.
But im back on it. Found out i should use some other kind of blocks, so i used the originals to build me a carport :)

Im going to cut one of the blocks to match the drain pipe later today, and tomorrow im going to buy the rest of the blocks. I will also make it all stronger with steel bars, horizontal and vertical.

I also need to start collecting some monsters :D

geophagus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Norway
Just wondering if i should try to shape the rear wall a little bit, or if i should just leave the entire tank square and try to shape it with big driftwoods etc later...."thinking".
I will build a wooden frame to the right of the tank wich will be the land area (and will house technical equipment below)...together with the top of the back wich will be 10" deep - will be enough to place a few plants etc.

Reactions: justarn

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Subbed

geophagus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Norway
Made changes again.... tank is getting smaller, so i need to rename it "mini monster" :D

Not set yet, but i like it. I will get plenty of land area for plants etc, and still a huge amount of water for the fish, compared to anything i have owned before.

geophagus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Norway
Help... i need some advice

I want to make a top frame on the pond to hide the waterline when the tank is full. I think about makeing it in concrete and beeing joined together as one piece with the rest.
But how thick does it have to be? And will it hold withou a vertical support in the middle? It will of course be reinforced with steel bars in the concrete.

geophagus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Norway
From what I understand you want one row of cinder block over top of the viewing panel
I think one row of blocks is too much/ too high. And i also want it to sit lower than the top of the glass.
I was thinking a form/frame to pour concrete in. Blocks are 20"x8"x6" (lxhxw).

...sorry, my english sucks, i'll try to make drawing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store