MY ANEMONE ATE MY PERCULA.

slowef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2008
Destin, FL
www.myspace.com
princess;1844219; said:
lol you have a very nice tank!! hmmmm only if you come round and aquascape my rock for me.
Whelp, maybe next time im in England i'll have to hit you up ;) But im still waiting on Yoji to come my way and aquascape mine! Thank you though!

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
Reefscape;1844286; said:
Nice coral replacements...Prizm skimmer....gahhhh...waste of money...absolutly terrible skimmer....they make a great football though when you boot it across the yard with frustration ;)
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:I second that, and have done it too!!

Oh yea and by the way, the anemone you had there, that's a Purple Condylactis gigantea. So in other words - A condy(condi), and they are very aggressive, and not a host species. I dunno who told you it was a "Long Tentacle . . Somethin or other" because it's not. Standard Long Tentacle anemones look very different, Sebae Anemones are quite different, as well as many other species. Condy's (to a seasoned eye) are easy to identify in seconds. No matter how they try to fancy up the name or mislead the buyer, its a Condy ya had there. Sorry. :(

Justin94565

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2008
Northern California
www.myspace.com
Water is correct. and it makes me LOL to hear you tried to host your Percula in this anemone. Welp its time to go eat the tri-tip steak I just cooked yum yum yum

slowef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2008
Destin, FL
www.myspace.com
water_baby83;1846348; said:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:I second that, and have done it too!!

Oh yea and by the way, the anemone you had there, that's a Purple Condylactis gigantea. So in other words - A condy(condi), and they are very aggressive, and not a host species. I dunno who told you it was a "Long Tentacle . . Somethin or other" because it's not. Standard Long Tentacle anemones look very different, Sebae Anemones are quite different, as well as many other species. Condy's (to a seasoned eye) are easy to identify in seconds. No matter how they try to fancy up the name or mislead the buyer, its a Condy ya had there. Sorry. :(
this sir/ma'am is why i heart you. so full of knowledge. people will soon realize, as they just have, that i will never know wtf im talking about b/c aquaria for me is a hobby, not a career. dont get me wrong, as i do have a thirst for aquatic knowledge which is why im here but i dont have the time to study the thousands of anemone's, so this as it may be, i just take the word as its givin to me by the lfs guy. thanks. how are your nano's doing wb?

oh, and im not trying to be an ass. this has been a horrible past week for me.

1. i have no teeth.
2. this girl i have been seeing just told me she has the herp.
3. im losing my job.
4. my car is broken.
5. my dog just went into heat and is bleeding... on my bed.

shall i go on?

as minute as this may seem, this all happened in a 2 day period and im butt hurt about it. sorry for the rant and i love you all. if it wasnt for friends there would be nothing.

Yoji_嬰孩

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
rock in water
not to be an ***, but I told you it was a condy.LoL.... I have been in this hobby too long and I do study up on all the different kinds of corals, that is something I really pride myself on.:D

Hope everything gets better for you

slowef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2008
Destin, FL
www.myspace.com
D***** Yoji, i know you told me what it was! lol. and thank you, im sure it will, either way the sun comes up the next day so all i gotta do is hold on one handed.

much love.

Xenia's.. me... when?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store