My Angelfish Breeding Behaviors

James He

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2011
SF Bayarea
Parents won't eat their frys.

Other fishes in the tank would. if you want parents raise the fry, remove other fishes out.

Motoxer777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Santa Paula
my koi pair spawned last nite. other fish were trying to get to the eggs so i took them out and trying to artificially hatch these till i get another breeder tank.

romosoldier

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
USA
Parents won't eat their frys.

Other fishes in the tank would. if you want parents raise the fry, remove other fishes out.
of coarse they will, just because they are from the cichlid family and they are supposed to guard their fry does not mean they will every time. i had an old pair that i put in a separate tank to breed and they still ate their eggs, like achill3s said, usually its stress, either by other fish, or sometimes by outside traffic around they tank. they need to feel safe, thats why having the tank with plenty of hiding spots and some even cover the sides and back to get them to have a successful batch.

but back to the center of this thread, its not that the parents are eating his fry, its that they are not fanning them with oxygen enough for them to survive. in which case, raising them artificially would definitley be worth a try

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store