My Arowana Finally Ate After 6 Week Fast

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Brian Fish;3523672; said:
That's awesome Liz I feel for you I remember how you helped me get through my silver not eating. You really go crazy when they wont eat glad its over.
i remember Brian,.. thanks for kind words.. you would think you would relax when things like this happen knowing that they do happen.. but yes after all this time with the old guy your still not sure what the end result will be.. but happy to say... no harm done.. back to normal..eating everything...i hope yours is doing good too..

loco46

Feeder Fish
Jan 29, 2009
Perth Australia
hi i love my arrows too i currently have 7 they are one of my favorites and i have a lot of other fish too but i have never had that happen to mine but its really good that he is eating again what do you nornally feed him ?

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
loco46;3524134; said:
hi i love my arrows too i currently have 7 they are one of my favorites and i have a lot of other fish too but i have never had that happen to mine but its really good that he is eating again what do you nornally feed him ?
wow you have 7 arowanas?.... how big are they.. thats awesome... i would love to see pics when you can.. i normally feed.. massivore pellets, cooked shrimp.. arrowana pellets and silver sides... he is back to eating all of this again... welcome to MFK.. nice to meet you..:D

Brian Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2008
Wood River Illinois
Red Devil;3524121;3524121 said:
i remember Brian,.. thanks for kind words.. you would think you would relax when things like this happen knowing that they do happen.. but yes after all this time with the old guy your still not sure what the end result will be.. but happy to say... no harm done.. back to normal..eating everything...i hope yours is doing good too..
Thanks Liz I have A Jardini now and so far he is a true monster. So far he is living with 2 6 inch bichirs that I will be moving soon.

ED125G

Feeder Fish
Sep 21, 2009
crown point,IN
6 weeks without eating you got lucky .i had one about 7 inches long was eating fine daily then died within 3 weeks good luck hope you have better luck than me .

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
ED125G;3525611; said:
6 weeks without eating you got lucky .i had one about 7 inches long was eating fine daily then died within 3 weeks good luck hope you have better luck than me .
i am sorry to hear that.. but when they are that small and young they are more fragile.. mine is an old guy,.of 7 -8 years and 33 inches.. so he has alot of stored fat.. but even so i was worried..

trojan09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2009
In the the pet store
i dont think i would last 6 weeks. i couldnt even wait 3 days starving my datnoid. but for some odd reason he got hooked on frozen krill nothing else. i hate how pet stores feed their "monster fish" only feeder fish. ughh....that makes it so hard to train them wat you want them to eat

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
trojan09;3526566; said:
i dont think i would last 6 weeks. i couldnt even wait 3 days starving my datnoid. but for some odd reason he got hooked on frozen krill nothing else. i hate how pet stores feed their "monster fish" only feeder fish. ughh....that makes it so hard to train them wat you want them to eat
Feeders are cheap man, alot cheaper than the healthier foods. Most LFS especially the chains are there to make profit, not to sell healthy fish, they really dont care/have the time to make sure each and every fish is getting an optimal diet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store