My blue moba Zaire frontosa tank

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
So I recently started the African cichlid part of the hobby. Still learning a lot but it seems to be a little easier than I expected. Especially since I have a decent knowledge on building filtration systems. But here is my new front tank! I have 14 in total. Currently only 8 in the tank. The others are in a holding tank. Here is my 75 gallon grow out! And also a photo of the filtration I made.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Filtration - ehiem 2217 and a 20 gallon sump with 5 gallon bucket worth of bioballs. 560 gph pump from aquatop (had it laying around)

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Awesome! Congrats and welcome to the Cyphotilapia obsession :)
thanks razzo! my tank is definitely overstocked but it will hopefully do fine... I want them to grow fast (knowing they are slow growers), but my impatience definitely a problem lol... i will probably upgrade them to a 180 sooner or later when i got the time...

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
thanks razzo! my tank is definitely overstocked but it will hopefully do fine... I want them to grow fast (knowing they are slow growers), but my impatience definitely a problem lol... i will probably upgrade them to a 180 sooner or later when i got the time...
I don't know why people think Cyphos grow slow? They will four to five inches by the end of their first year, that's not bad??? Now altolamps, they grow slow :)

You won't regret upgrading to the 180 though.

Reactions: dovii_6

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
I don't know why people think Cyphos grow slow? They will four to five inches by the end of their first year, that's not bad??? Now altolamps, they grow slow :)

You won't regret upgrading to the 180 though.
I have a perfectly good reason why. while your fronts may gro 4-5 inches in a year. My stingrays will grow 10. :D hahaha but im not THAT impatient with them. i currently have no plans for them. i only have them to keep me company when im just chilling.

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
I have a perfectly good reason why. while your fronts may gro 4-5 inches in a year. My stingrays will grow 10. :D hahaha but im not THAT impatient with them. i currently have no plans for them. i only have them to keep me company when im just chilling.
Haha, I understand now :)

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
randomly lost one of my 1 inchers... dont know why... water seemed fine. and the rest are eating well... im thinking it may be a bad fry out of the batch..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store