My boa constrictor!

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I've kept all of the previously mentioned snakes and right now I have 4 retics and a green tree Python. You have the perfect beginner large snake. You shouldn't consider the others just yet until you're used to yours at a large size. Blood pythons are vicious. They are harder to tame but it is possible. I've seen a lot of tame ones but even more mean ones. Green anacondas are the same except at a much larger size. And they aren't very active. About 90% of the time they just sit in the water. A Burmese Python has the same personality as your boa except larger but retics are a whole new story. They are much more active. They are harder to control because they do not just chill in your arms. They constantly try to get away from you. It's easy when they're small but it's a handful when they're large. And male retics become extremely aggressive at breeding season. This is when a lot of bites occur and it is not fun. In the end the choice is up to you but my personal opinion is to just stick with what you got for now and then you can decide later if you can handle and properly house a much much larger snake

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thank you for your comment, it was vary helpful and informative! I do beleave that I'm not ready for something as those just yet but one day! Talking to my girlfriend, I'm thinking about posably getting a blood because it dose has more of a aggresive reputation. I'm thinking maybe with the red tails size and the bloods aggression, they will both help me prepare with larger and aggressive snakes. So far my red tails doing good! I've handled him everyday even before feedings and shed and it's gone well even tho she's still small haha but I'm starting to get a feeling when he's starting to get irritated and wants to go back.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I'm glad I helped man. I love bloods mainly BECUZ of their aggression but dealing with an aggressive heavy bodied snake is no easy task. Where are you located? I know a person that's been trying to sell their 3ft blood for a for a while now. It's also extremely aggressive! Strikes at the glass and top all the time

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
lol, talk about blood python, I just saw one for sale at the petco near me and they put it as a beginner snake to handle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store