My Catfish Collection :)

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
128 currently; ~148 with plecos

Niger catfish 4x (3’, 2’, 2’, 2’; only one male/skinny; vacuum cleaners)

Marbled pim 2x (skinny male and full-bodied female 2’ each)

Marbled sailfin pim 3x (2’ each, indecisive, can never figure out the pecking order)

Iridescent shark 4x (1.5’, 1.5’, 10”, 9”; just lost a 28” one)

Black ear shark (6”-7”; a freak; been pacing by the window for months now)

Four-line pim 5x (7”-9”; one’s likely tetramerus, 4 blochii but one’s spots are crisp)

Sun catfish 9x (7”-10”; gluttons)

Giraffe catfish 6x (8” and 8” occidentalis cf Bouche; 3” tanganicanus or tchadiensis or else; three 6” unknown yet, still with Joefish)

Bolt catfish 2x (6” each; characters)

Albino Hemibagrus nemurus (10”-12”, not sure of species after Dr. Ng’s revision; lulls you then turns sudden predator)

Pterodoras granulosus 3x (12”, 9”, 9”; gluttons)

Irwini catfish 6x (10”; crankypants; hunger striking for the 3rd month)

Vulture catfish 6x (~12”; characters)

Aluminum (Chrysichthys genus) catfish 3x (~1’ all, one’s prob. nigricaudus, badly mangled; two ornatus)

Horse face catfish (~8”)

Synodontis 4x (6” and 8” eupterus; 6” and 10” common hybrid)

RTC 9x (12”-30”)

Jau catfish 2x (~30” 8 year old female-alpha of the 4500 gal and male-alpha-wannabee)

Paroon shark 6x (18”-24”; from Gerber’s, Dayton OH; thanks JasonGoneFishing!)

TSN 3x (18”-28”; prob. 2 fasciatum, one reticulatum or vice versa)

TSNxRTC hybrid catfish (18”)

TSNxMarbled Pim hybrid catfish (25”)

Apurensis catfish 3x (12”, 8”, 8”; all from vastly different sources, was hoping to score a nigricaudus but all turn out the same)

Silurus asotus 5x (8”-11”; characters)

Tig catfish 6x (10”, just got five 3”, thanks Manny C.!)

Lima/elongatus shovelnose catfish 8x (5”-6”)

Brown bullhead 4x (4”-5”, 2 southern and 2 northern)

Black lancer catfish 3x (3”-4”)

Trachydoras paraguayensis 3x (2”; much cory-like)

Wallago leerii (18”)

Channel catfish (18”; finless variety, the one people keep with a dozen of 1’+ pacu)

Asian USD catfish (3”; bloodthirsty weasel, at 1.5” killed my three 6” harlequin lancer catfish)

Asian RTC (15”, thanks Rouben aka rmkblades! finicky even after many months)

Gulper catfish 3x (5”; characters)

Dorado catfish 2x (1.5”; just lost a 6”-er)

Firewood catfish (had 5 over two attempts, down to one; start off excellent, in weeks or months start spinning and die; something is not right with my water, I’m guessing a pathogen affecting brain / central nervous system they have no immunity to)

Brachyplatystoma platynemum (10”; slobbering catfish or 747 catfish; the finickiest fish I’ve come across so far, even with live feeders and badly sunken tummy it is choosy)

Brachyplatystoma vaillantii (7” from Wes, finicky; need to make sure of the ID)

False piraiba Brachyplatystoma capapretum (10”; after 100 freak outs its snout is bent now)

Piraiba (18”, still at Wes’)

Common pleco ~20x (10”-18”)

#########################################################

Lazy, lazy, lazy. Can see these in the video updates, page 6 second link in the signature.
Wow! just Wow! So awesome Viktor!!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Great going, Vincent! Thanks for letting us see it too instead of just reading about it. That's truly 1000x better according to the proverb.

On my end, the kind words and thinly-veiled name-callings are quite appreciated, yet, let's not lose focus that this is about Vince's obsession, not mine... at least in this thread ;)

... No need to think.
I'll do the most used dirty journalism trick and take this out of the context...

... yea, this sums up my cocky attitude ;)

Reactions: vincentwugwg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Hahahahahha welcome to my world mate I'm up and down ladders eight hours a day painting windows ;)
It'll be worth it Vince just keep thinking of the end product

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Haha sry.. was in the middle of editing :) .... There only point of reference I have in these pics is, I guess the actual size of the room. This is a 50ft x 20ft room. I will have someone volunteer to stand next to it for a pic next time to serve as a size reference. It will be a mission the next few weeks trying to setup these tanks.:p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store