My channa argus

viking252200

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tokyo,Japan
I recently bought a pleuro and really didn7t plan to buy any more, but i just stumbled over this cute channa argus, and it was cheap!..only like 7 bucks!
So, of cause i had to buy it.:D

I have placed it together with the pleuro and even if the pleuro is a bit bigger there have not been any problems..they are both settling in, but i have to say that the pleuro is quite a shy fish...

Back to the argus..it is around 8-10cm long at the moment amd it eats like a pig!!..it started to eat literally the minute i put in in the tank..wolfed down two feeders..my kinda of fish:grinno:

Yesterday, i gave the argus and the pleuro some more feeders..and while the pleuro ignored the feeders when it was full, the argus didn't...
it didn't eat them, it just killed them..mean!

Both of them are not too keen on eating dead food...any easy way to get them to eat bloodworms and pellets?
They are still quite small, so i don't want to starve them, if i can avoid it.

Anyway, here is a poor picture of the argus..

channa argus.jpg

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
I have 3 pleuros, but wouldn't consider an argus simply because they get too big. Nice pickup though and be sure to get some pics of it together with the pleuro.

A word of warning ... the pleuro will probably end up getting eaten if they're housed together permanently, but you already knew that didn't you? :D

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Very nice pickup!

I think it is very possible to keep argus with pleuros... if raised together from young. I have seen argus kept with marulioides, maculata, and other channa species together in comm. tanks, and have done fine together.

Please be sure to keep us posted as time passes. Thank you for sharing! :)

Love your avatar pic, Btw! :thumbsup:

viking252200

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tokyo,Japan
Thank for the comments all, more and better will follow.

Phulltank, thanks for the comment about my avatar!
Thant was from when i first got him..a little runt only around 14 cm, now he is close to 35cm!..that only took like 21/2 month:D

Bigspizz, the c. argus grows to around 1 meter and 7 or 8 kg.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store