My datnoid story

rclark12

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
new jersey
rtier;3935147; said:
Hey all 8 of my baby datnoids from rclark are still alive.
Glad to hear they are doing good!!!

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
fishaddict401;3928585; said:
The next day was a horrible one. The morning and afternoon were fine, but the evening was saddening: 2 Datnoids dead. Bam! 30 dollars down the toilet, 40% of the fish gone, total of $400 potential dollars GONE.

I think you might be looking at it the wrong way. Don't think of raising dats in terms of money or as a way to cash in when they get bigger. Fish aren't really an investment the way stocks are. You should be thinking of raising dats as a fun thing to do that kills time and not expect to get any money back from it. It seems like you're kind of young, but when you get older, $30 isn't really all that much (sh8t, I just paid $200 for frickin' tires). Also, any of your small fish could potentially be worth $100 some day, but after all the money you spent on supplies and food to get them that big, it's really not that much of a profit, esp. with slow-growing fish like dats. And If you figure in all the time you spent on the fish vs. the price you sold them for, it's probably less than minimum wage. So just raise dats for fun and if something bad happens, you can always buy new dats. At least you have a nice tank setup and that's more than a lot of people have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store