My dats are great when the lights go out.....

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Mine did that for the first year while they were smaller. How big are yours? Once mine hit 8-9" they're out all the time now.

canufeelme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
Yucaipa, CA - The 909
2 are 4-5" long and 1 is 7" long. OKAY......update to this post.......i moved my pbass out and BAM they got way better. he is about 10" long. I added him a few months after i got the dats and they have always been not so active during the day so i never thought the bass was the issue. I tried having both 3' lights on and they still kind of hide but are better. If i have only one light on they act great. SO, i'll just have to wait this out. continue to let them grow. I just worried i was doing something completely wrong.

goldenchild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Montreal
www.goontribe.net
Same thing here... almost 2 years and still yucky. Nice at night fugly during the day. I think i might put the lights on at night and off during the day. Since my home is not so bright.

goldenchild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Montreal
www.goontribe.net
Ians aro;2686397; said:
my IT wouldn't stable up until water changes were done. i just added a UV sterilizer to the tank and now he's a lot more stable. Maybe better water quality made it happier. how often do you maintain your tank?
So the UV sterilizer works good for you? I've been hesitant to get one.

Taboojen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Calif.
I have 4 NTT's and 4 ITs. I agree with the subdued lighting option. You might try starting dark and then slowly brighten it up over time, until they are use to it. I'll probably try that out soon and see if I can get my dats accused to the brighter lights as well.

When my aquarium lights are on, all my dats hide or turn dark in color just like yours. However, once its off, then they are out and about and at the front of the glass begging for food... so its totally the same here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store