my diy 480 gallon acrylic tank

Athleticfisherman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
View attachment 1066814

8x4x2. Made out of 1/2" cast acrylic and used weldon 4 for the seams. Took me roughly a month to build and there are still a couple things/ touch ups I would like to do on it yet. Tank has been up and running for a month. Filtration is 4 fx5/6's.
Do you think a euro braced tank 96x30x18 would be fine with 12 mm cast acrylic?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
I wish I can see the workmanship of the tank itself because there are no pics of the construction, but have to say that the cabinet and the trims are a master piece of carpentry work.

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
The force and bowing alone won't necessarily cause crazing and cracks, but if you do large water changes on a regular basis, that may cause the tank to contract and expand repeatedly.
There is bowing of all glass tank too, just not to the extent of acrylic. Will regular large scale WC weaken the joints too?

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I wish I can see the workmanship of the tank itself because there are no pics of the construction, but have to say that the cabinet and the trims are a master piece of carpentry work.
Thanks! I think I have a couple pics of the build process on my old phone. I will see if I can find them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store