My DIY stand and canopy

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Once it's cycled, I'm sure the sump will be more than enough for filtration. It's 110 gallon tank with a 3600gph return pump.

werdna11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario ,Canada
Wow !!! The stand & canopys you made were amazing !!! Did you make the plans , just by thinking about what you wanted ?? Your first stand . how did it turn out ?. I want to make a stand with matching top, but Dont no where to start ? Any suggestions at all ??. I have a six foot bowfront, I want to make a black modern stand and matching canopy , I will have a sump inside the stand. Any help is well appreciated !! Very Nice !!!! Thanks

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
A bowfront is going to be quite a bit more difficult than just a normal rectangular tank. If it were me (once you have the frame built for the stand) I would wrap it in strips of panel board. That way the board would be able to match the shape of the tank. There are probably some DIY videos on how to build a bowfront stand. That's how I designed the frame for my tank, by using DIY joey's videos on YouTube, and then I just went to Home Depot and picked out some nice moldings and the cheapest board I could wrap the stand in. (Panel board-$15 or so for an 8x4 sheet)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store