My first Asian (green) Arowana

Player_Hater

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
looks great, keep an eye out on the gills. from the pic which only shows the right side of the fish, the gills have been cut before, seems to be healing up nicely so make sure your water conditions are good, raise the temp up to 28-29 to be ideal.

AmaroSwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Sweden
Okay so lightning is not something i need 2 think about then :) good 2 know.

Player, so u can see that its gills on the right side have been cut before? I cant see it but good that ur telling me, so its not 100% healed yet?

Water conditions in my tank are always on top, i do waterchanges once a week (30-40%) and its always cristal clear. Have allot of plants in the tank aswell and good filtration :) i even downsized my fishstock to make more room and so the water conditions stay better.

Good news is that my mate who allso bought a greeny from the same stock posted a video on his specimen. i just saw it and maaan.. the pics i've posted here is faaaaar from the truth, they look allot better. Yellow fins, white body and silver on the upperbody. I just hope that mine will look as good as his does.

Here is his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwqcYdtCWAc&feature=player_embedded - trust me u wont regret looking at the video :)

mspeed3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
philippines
green arowanas are nice, but seen some specimen here in my country and to tell you the truth you will somehow be upset if you are expecting some dark green scales and fins... NO MATTER how intensify your tanning regime is. i personally like australian jardinis than this. try saving more money and get some RTG or XB.

classic-chassis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
Thailand
Greens here look crap compared to that. I love the yellow tail!!

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Wow, that's almost like a Banjar. I have a pair of Greens, 19" and 22", and they don't have nearly that colour in the tail/fins. Keep the water quality good, feed krill and you may get some greenish/purplish tinges.

The above poster is right, they're just like a Jardini. You just worry more because they're more expensive :D

AmaroSwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Sweden
The farm we get our arowanas from is one of the best and one of the most famus ones worldwide. Their arowanas are "as u can see on the vid" top quality fish. I know that some green specimens dont color out so good but the big greens in the farm im talkin about looks really good so concidering that these are their babies we might just be lucky :)

A friend of mine has a big green arowana thats purple, with golden mouth and gold on the outline of all the fins. In the purple color u find some red colors and some blues color aswell. Its by far the best looking arowana i've seen in this pricerange. So with some luck u might find that your green arowana has amazing colors when its around 35-40cm.

And judging by my friends green from the same batch as mine (the one on the youtube vid) these greens have big potential as u can tell so wish me luck and well se how it turns out when bigger :)

Btw, I just spoke 2 my friend (the importer) who holds mine right now and he said that my green looks exacly the same as the one on the vid, grejt news for me :)

So now a nother question, does no one here have a green aro? seems like everyone has RTG n XB

AmaroSwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Sweden
SimonL;4995270; said:
Wow, that's almost like a Banjar. I have a pair of Greens, 19" and 22", and they don't have nearly that colour in the tail/fins. Keep the water quality good, feed krill and you may get some greenish/purplish tinges.

The above poster is right, they're just like a Jardini. You just worry more because they're more expensive :D
At last someone with greens, plz m8 post some pics here on your greens, lets have a look at them :)

Yea probably right, i'll just be cool with it and take care of it like i do with my other fish. My jar was 2 agressive tho so i hope this one will be calmer.

So krill is good for the colors ey, will feed it will krill then thx for the tip

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store