My first attempt at sand....

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
mike dunagan;2480705; said:
When you clean it for the next few times you will pull some of the milky fine stuff that settled up, so do not panic when that happens.
Thanks Mike...I'd hate to be running around in a panic again like this..:nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly:

LadyBarbara001

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I admit it, I panicked...I ended up pulling all the Argonite out and using sand. I still have a bunch of Argonite that I haven't used, because no matter how much rinsing I did, I couldn't get it clear. Can't tell you how many times that tank got stirred and drained, even after I rinsed it really well. I gave up on it, at least for now.

mahemaheman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
spokane
what you do is rinse only a little bit at a time in a bucket until it clears in the bucket and so on, i use it in every african tank i have, it sucks to rinse but its worth it in the long run

LadyBarbara001

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I did only do a little at a time...but man, sand was so much easier! I'll do it eventually cause my husband wants a shellie tank, and I'll use it some of it for that, but it was a major pain.

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
I let you know how mine goes...As bad as it looked on Friday it is already looking really good. Once I do some vacuuming and water changes we'll see what happens.

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
Looking good Bre!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store