My First Background....experimenting

Satanas90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Yuma
Thanks guys. Is my first build so I'm using my imagination. .......is really hard coming from me..hahahaa

GrindeL89

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
St.Catharines
Great job keep everyone updated even on the smallest things.

Satanas90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Yuma
Looks great, but I hate how it decreases the tanks volume...thats just my opinion though, I'm sure it will look amazing when its all said and done.
yes. Your right it does lower the volume...maybe when my fish get bigger I will take it out but will have to do for now..I guess I don't have aa 200 gallon more like a 150..lol

Satanas90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Yuma
Well i havent done much, but i did do some pvc overflows havent tested them but here they are let me know what you think..they are still not glued or the top is not cut to lenght yet
2011-09-27150523.jpg
2011-09-27151051.jpg

2011-09-27150523.jpg

2011-09-27151051.jpg

HokieFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Norf Cackalacky
Can't wait to see it done. These backgrounds really transform a tank, and if you have the time they aren't very hard to accomplish.

billm90

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
n/A
Just a note on you trying to make it sink. forget about that. You have to silicone it in. Try filling the tank with water and hold that all down. You will be in the battle of your life.

I made a center section of my tanks background from spray foam in a can. I wanted to hide the heater and my sump return line.
I sprayed this on a piece of plexi. I put inflated ballons in it to make caves. When the foam sets, I could pop the ballons, instand cave. Threw some sand on it to make it look somewhat natural while to foam was setting up. I had to silicone this to the back wall. it is very powerful when it comes to floating.

With all the foam you are using, which is like 80% more than I did. Your tank will want to float away. Okay, only background. But it will try and break apart if you dont have all of it attached.

I trashed mine as it broke down over the years.

BTW, what you have made is far more impressive than what mine looked like. Mine kind of looked like 1/2 a volcano.
Just giving you a heads up.

Is your avatar a supercharged 5.0?

Satanas90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Yuma
Thanks for the heads up..I will try to do thesome of the weight thing then maybe ill silicone it to the tan also...I know I will still have the problem with the floating but the weight will be in the botttm..well most of it..haven't really tried holding it underwater yet..so not sure how much am I going to be fighting..lol....oh yes its a superchrged mustang that's another project I have going on painted it in my garage lots of fab..if ur interested go to stangnet ..and look up front hood tilt and rear gas tankrelocation.....well back to the tank I will be working on it some more tomorrow..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store