My first Dat!

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Was a process to get mine to eat... to begin with all they would eat was live bloodworm. Mixing live with frozen they eventually ate frozen. Then soaked frozen prawn in the bloodworm and they eventually took that. Now they will take tilapia/pangasius and 2 of them will eat massivore- though only when the lights are out. If you can get them, mine also took live river shrimp from the start... Of course other people bring the, home and they eat pellets from the get go... so I guess it also depends on the individual fish!

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
mine were eating pellets the next day after arriving

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
i bought 6 so as soon as one ate they all started eating them

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Buying the 1 stable indo dat out of many unstable ones usually isn't a smart decision. Most indos with a thin belly will be more consistant with their color "stability" than healthier looking indos. I bet the less "stable" indo dats in that petstore had better looking bellies.
Hope he pulls through for ya, but looks to be close to deathbed. Try blackworms, but if u can't try gutloading bloodworms 4 or 5 times a day

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
Buying the 1 stable indo dat out of many unstable ones usually isn't a smart decision. Most indos with a thin belly will be more consistant with their color "stability" than healthier looking indos. I bet the less "stable" indo dats in that petstore had better looking bellies.
Hope he pulls through for ya, but looks to be close to deathbed. Try blackworms, but if u can't try gutloading bloodworms 4 or 5 times a day
+1
I would pick out some from the unstable batch. Might be a diamond in the rough. This one doesnt look too good, extremely thin. If it doesnt eat soon it will die

amonra

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
Phoenix
Didnt make it. Tried blood woorms, raw shrimp, brine shrimp, flake and shrip pellets... wouldnt touch anything.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store