My first goonch! (Bagarius yarrelli) El diablo

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Yeah he had some nice ones come in. I was like a kid at a candy store when i saw all the bagarius. I picked up one of the baby suchus.
In regards to getting off live.... Only guy i know who has had the most success with that is a buddy of mine. He goes by the sn awesome on here. Ill let him know to post any tips he can on here.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thank you man I hope he can come and offer his advice... yeah I was like a kid in a candy store as well, Ray is such an awesome guy. He is a great person to deal with. I almost got a suchus myself but decided on the yarillei.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Old Ray Ray is a great guy. He has Chicx's Official Endorsement of Awesomeness. I'd do business with him again in a heartbeat.

I got my going off of live. All I did was let her go hungry until she ate. I had enough food in the tank for the other fish that when she eventually decided she was tired of being hungry, all she had to do was eat. It took about a month.

Sent from my Samsung GS5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Old Ray Ray is a great guy. He has Chicx's Official Endorsement of Awesomeness. I'd do business with him again in a heartbeat.

I got my going off of live. All I did was let her go hungry until she ate. I had enough food in the tank for the other fish that when she eventually decided she was tired of being hungry, all she had to do was eat. It took about a month.

So I can starve it until it eats without offering live at all? I really dont want feeders in my tank. My datnoids will stop eating massivore if they sew feeders. I will try garlic soaked massivore or tilapia later today if I should.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Give it a week or two with your normal feeding routine first. See what happens.

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
The suchus i got off him. Feeding it worms and guppies at the moment cuz im out of town for the next two weeks. Wanna fatten him up and the tigs i got down there so once i get back....... Pellet training time.
Ray is an awesome dude. My wife and i follow him on instagram. Always a good way to tell when hes getting a new shipment.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1418673627.252430.jpg

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
The suchus i got off him. Feeding it worms and guppies at the moment cuz im out of town for the next two weeks. Wanna fatten him up and the tigs i got down there so once i get back....... Pellet training time.
Ray is an awesome dude. My wife and i follow him on instagram. Always a good way to tell when hes getting a new shipment.

Yeah I follow him as well. Good to see I'm not the only one with a goonch from him.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Rays a good buddy of mine. Got the tiniest goonch anyone has ever seen from him plus multiple others. Is that the 18" on or the 16" one.

When it comes to getting off live, if it's thin i pump them full of feeders first till they're nice and fat then just stop feeding. I start off feeding frozen foods such as tilapia, shrimp and smelt and just keep offering it every 3 or 4 days. That's how it's been for all of mine. Some will take right away, others may take a minute. My suchus took about 2 weeks to get off live and all my rutilus have taken just a few days. The longest it's taken was a month and that was my Indian HLG. Once they start taking though, they go nuts!!! Great looking guy! Don't worry if it takes a while. They can go a loooooong time without food.

Btw, yours is a rutilus since the yarelli's are from India and Ray hasn't gotten his Indian shipment in yet. Good luck and enjoy him!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store