My first monster tank!

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
So the miller light will be in tank decor? Careful you fish might cut their fins! lol

Olunds

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Mi
Miller lite will unfortunatly not be in the tank decor. However some old pepsi and dr pepper glass bottles will be part of the decor. Sanded down a bit maybe even broken as well.
I have my LFS coming out this tuesday to finish off the build. Its not worth hurting myself finishing it up. Already have back problems at the age of 29 and working on this tank has caused me to have a sore neck the last few days. Should meet my goal of added the first fish on my bday april 3.

Chuncan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Corralitos, CA
Your tank is going to be niiiiiiiice. Like the spongebob. Gotta make the fish feel at home

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Olunds

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Mi
Hasnt been fun so havent really felt like updating. I built the sump then broke it ( cracked a side panel), then a few days ago I had some friends over for drinks and when showing off the skimmer I broke that. I am way behind on the build anyway due to a blown head gasket and an emergency dental appointment. Sorry no good news yet, but Im trying to keep it together and get it running one day soon.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
That blows, but now you can get that Red Sea skimmer.:naughty: That video was awesome, the collection cup clips looks burly, the foam viewing window is a sweet feature, and the backflush valve is nuts....

Olunds

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Mi
Thanks guys and Muske way to put a positive spin on things. I hadnt really thought of it that way. It will probably be closer to a month before the tank is operational now. I did however put a about 150lbs of rock in it, to get the cycle going. So far its been cycling for two weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store