My first try on rearing Pikes :)

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
I thought Pike and Muskie were cold water fish. I see you have it with a dat. Will they thrive in tropical conditions as well?

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
tigerfangs said:
I thought Pike and Muskie were cold water fish. I see you have it with a dat. Will they thrive in tropical conditions as well?
This dude is not in that tank anymore..it is kept in another tank now with lower water temp.

the haressment from the bigger fishes are too much for this dude...

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
Nice pick up RG. Yeah watch the temp Esox tend to favor cooler temps. Most of us keep our tropicals to the higher range of about 80 degrees Farenheit but that may not be a good idea for the pike. You might want to lower it a bit when you decide to mix it again in the future.

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
The TRUST said:
Nice pick up RG. Yeah watch the temp Esox tend to favor cooler temps. Most of us keep our tropicals to the higher range of about 80 degrees Farenheit but that may not be a good idea for the pike. You might want to lower it a bit when you decide to mix it again in the future.
Thanks for the advise bro...once i decide to transfer this dude to bigger tank..I would be using ice cubes for water change for that tank...

:grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store