My fish has this huge growth on his/her cheek..please helppp

spongebob281

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
houston
My 12" Rosequeen has this massive lump on his/her cheek right behind her mouth. I noticed for about 2 months ago but didnt do anything hoping that it would go away. Day by day it has gotten bigger...Appetite is still the same. Can i just take him out of the water and cut away the lump ...than ks

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
No. Where are the pics? Sounds like tumor to me but I need the pics to be more certain of what we're dealing with.

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
I agree with Lupin.

Sounds like a tumorous growth, but that can be guess with out a few pictures.

spongebob281

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
houston
My camera was dropped a few weeks ago and haven't had a chance to get another one...Assume that it is a tumor what can i Do? It's getting bigger and bigger by the week. It's about half the size of a golf ball

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member

SemperFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hubert, NC
no camera on your cell phone? For two months you didnt take any pics? Why did it take you this long to ask about it?

spongebob281

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
houston
Because I figured it would either go away or stop growing all together. I have cam on my cell but dont know how to post it here thanks

SemperFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hubert, NC
If you can get a good cell phone pic of it message me an ill give you my number. send it to my phone or email an ill post it for you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store