my fish is nuts lol

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
i have a very large o thats loves to eat which one dosnt so i trained him to jump for his food bad idea ,now i've been un training him i really dont like tank water in the eyes :( so what i have done is open both lids at the same time stick my hand above one end he races over and gets nada but watch the other hand ;) in goes the shrimp slowly to the bottom with his little eye he does spy off like a rocket ,been doing this for a week or two seems to be working lol but today i got up and walked over towards the tank kaboom!!!! gravel and debris everywhere he banged his head off the bottom thinking he saw some food coming his way silly o..

:ROFL: this is the funniest fish i've ever owned i hope you guys get a laugh too
fishnut.........

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
anything can happen when you are houseing one of if not the smartest cichlid ...

I'am sure he will look before he strike's again :D

what type of shrimp you feed him and what size is he bro?? , mine is between 9.5 to 10 '' and is feed store bought shrimp(and pellet's , live too ) .I myself love sea food so why not eat with your fish . we go one for one but of course I eat more then him.. :D(more like I chop up four ,two cooked two raw!)

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
theres some pics on pg 2 of my gallery ridether.

Ross hes about 11" SL still growing too puts on a little more girth every month he eats krill from the lfs and pellets that i soak in a vitamins and a medicine concotion but at least once a day he gets a chunk of regular shrimp from the grocery store or salted cod i leave the salt in cant hurt him any or salmon i always give it to him after frozen oh find a new treat he loves turkey heart gos nuts for it

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
LOL thats really funny. I really miss keeping oscars just for their intelligence. I might go back to keeping it but i have to get a wild variant. :)

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
wow very profesional set up man ... very very nice I'am inpressed :thumbsup:
he's a good looker too ... mine is albino or snowflake as I've heard but my understanding is albino's are all white ?? go fiqure why they are still called albino .. peak at my gally if you have'nt my other fish are in there... :D

redtailfool I know what you mean once you go wild you never go back.. LOL

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah.. Wild species def rocks. The only exception for me would be captive bred rays..
they are preferred because they are hardier then wild caughts. Nicer tails too.

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
:drool: RAY'S , moto's etc... lol hell yeah . dude are ray's in your area over 5'' in dia more then $65????

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
i agree with Redtail I would stick the wild variiant also if i was to do another o but woul d house him in a min of 500g with a bud to play with. Thanks for the comments ross should see the setup now in the prgress of making it closer to a biotope that he cant tear apart and nice tanks and fish you have there also will be posting pics this weekend

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store