My heart was nearly broken - how i almost hung up my poles - can you help?

Perentie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2010
QLD, Australia
Like i said in my previose post, TIF ( this is fishing) somone catching a few big bass to take home and eat despite the size limits happends, in most of the stocked impoundments and lakes i go to there is simply never anyone around to inforce the laws and regulations, there is nothing you as the individual can do except, move on. A few big bass is a few big bass, there are tonns of them and a few won't significantly reduce the breeding population. Would you feel the same about any other big fish or is this simply becouse you love bass? Over here its law to dispose of tilapia and some of those get pretty darn big, would you feel the same if an angler had a bunch of them? just a thought.

cheers-

Dazz

Its ANY bug trophy fish of any species.

And 5 pounds is big to me.

My message has been lost i fear.

Do what you want.

I just dont like PERSONALLY killing big fish, thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!11

You know what i hope, i hope i catch a 7 pound bass next time i go fishing (friday) and you know what, im going to release it, and you know what I hope you (whomever is reading this), yes you catch the same fish later on, and you release it to be caught by your son or daughter when its 15 pounds.

EricIvins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
I'd find another Hobby if this one makes you sick........

For every Bass you see kept, there are multiple animals ( in the same pound class ) waiting to take its place.........Maybe take up Diving so you can really see the whole picture?

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
I just recently took up diving and have gone out in some of the lakes that I fish, and it amazing to see these animals in their natural habitat and their behavior. I see what you are saying and I catch and release bass (besides occasionally in FL), but there are lots out there and if nothing else it should help more bass reach a bigger size by allowing more abundant prey.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
It's nothing that you can do...just move on. If they want eat a breeder fish and the regulations allowed that, let them. You have to remember there are different kinds of fisherman. Quit whining to us, it won't solve anything.

Perentie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2010
QLD, Australia
As anglers all we can do is lead by example and have fun, dont worry about what other people are doing or it will ruin the experiance for you.

Personaly im catch and release and spend a great deal of time squashing the barbs on all my hooks to make releasing that much easyer and ofcourse, do less damage to the fish.

Thats my final comment on the subject, later-

Dazz

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
Apparently you have never been bass fishing in Texas, 5 lbs is below average size down here... But i do agree with everything else you are saying.
outside of texas/florida/california 5lbers are big bass, they just dont grow the same around here. i sure wish they did though haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store