My inexpensive drip system

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
it goes down to my basement. the garden hose goes to the sump in my basement, and when it fills up the sump pump sends it to sewage hell.
You should just plug the drain and make a huge stingray pond.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
What rate are you dripping?
right now 1 gph. I got 2 gph emitters too, so if I need to I can step it up. I think this should work well though.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
That’s a really good one:thumbsup: the only down side I can see is Potential of clogging (from calcium deposits in water or contaminants) and do you have water meters there cos we do:swear: . I do love the idea of the low maintenance. What’s the water quality like coming out of the drip? Is there a danger off killing off the bacteria in the filter?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
That’s a really good one:thumbsup: the only down side I can see is Potential of clogging (from calcium deposits in water or contaminants) and do you have water meters there cos we do:swear: . I do love the idea of the low maintenance. What’s the water quality like coming out of the drip? Is there a danger off killing off the bacteria in the filter?
the carbon filter will remove the chlorine so I should be in good shape. i've only used dechlor for water changes for a long time, and when i moved the fish into this tank they basically got a 100% water change. i'll keep my eye on it but I dont forsee and problems...

oh and if the emitter gets plugged i'll just put a new one one...they are something like 35 cents each:)

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Wow, nice job! The drip system really beats the pants off of my 'one button water change'. I will post pics when I build the prototype. Right now it is just on paper.

The idea is to push one button and the system will do a 20% water change for you. Just like flushing the toilet.

boisblancboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2006
Michigan
I am curious out the drip emitter. I am building my own continuous drip system as well, but have never heard of the drip emitter, would you happen to have a web site link or something that I could check them out? Also, what happens if you left that preasure regulator off? Do you happen to have any info on those too thanks. Very nice setup, nice looking cat too!

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Home depot & lowes have them for drip irrigation and if you don't use the regular it will blow the drip regulator off the hose. Drip regulators are calibrated at a set water pressure, like 25 psi. If you put a pressure gauge after the filter you can tell when to change the cartridge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store