My Leiarius pictus

victor448

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
florida
Super Dave, Thanks for the reply. What are your GH and KH on your test strip results?Your test strip might call them TH and CH. Thanks again.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

SuperDave

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
C.A
Super Dave, Thanks for the reply. What are your GH and KH on your test strip results?Your test strip might call them TH and CH. Thanks again.

My GH stays between 4d to 7d and the KH between 6d to 10d. As far as using strips, I've had the most success with the ones I'm using from JBL. I've spent the 80 dollars on liquid Serra test kit but its just to much. I only test my water 6 to 9 times a year anyway when I'm bored. But I keep to my water changes and I treat my water with EasyLife, it works for me so I'll keep rolling with it.

I think the most important thing is to keep to the water changes and try and keep things as stable as possible with water quality.

lungfish72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Lincoln NE
I really like the pics of your leiarius pictus cat! Very nice healthy looking cat! I have always been a big fan of these and L. marmoratus. I have an L. pictus, about 17 inches long. Just bought it from Jeff at Tangled up in Cichlids. It is the lone occupant in a 480 gallon tank. Thinking about what to put with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store