My new AUL

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Nice to see an update from at least one of the H2O batch.I remember when they came in and I wanted one.
Yeah, I got the last one he had :)
It was $600 and $90 to ship but I'm very happy with the decision to buy. Still the most I ever paid for a fish by far!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
Yeah, I got the last one he had :)
It was $600 and $90 to ship but I'm very happy with the decision to buy. Still the most I ever paid for a fish by far!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Worth every penny in my book esp now days. BTW when do you get back ? I want to come down and get some pics of this guy before I Leave AZ.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Big update!!!! So I was contacted by a guy in Australia that studies these fish. He wants a scale. Some how he can look at the scale and tell the age, but he needs a known aged fish to baseline the age thing. My guy just sheaded a scale. I have it in a zip lock bag in my freezer. I know, weird.

Now I just have to nail down its age? I got this AUL 4/22/10. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I think it was two years old. H2O aquatics imported a large batch of these AUL's in '08. My guy was in that batch. I think?

I will keep you AUL guys posted on the developments.

I love this hobby :headbang2

Reactions: Simonas

KuhliaFan

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
Brisbane West
Your a legend Egon. I'll post up some more detailed info so you can see what your scale will go through and how we estimate ages. An estimate to year is good or rough month would be helpful but not essential. We know they breeding our winter which is July to September so that might help work backwards. They grow about 10cm in first year then can vary widely from that each year depending on how they are raised, fast on good tucker or slow if kept lean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store