My new Aussie Lung

Lord Barium

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2007
Monday
Congrats! It kind of looks like a bichir except...cuter.

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
Very nice.. hopefully i will be ordering mine soon as paper work is in place...

Lokasenna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2006
Arizona
www.thebellyofawhale.net
On a slight side note, how does one go about legally obtaining an aussie lung? What's the cost? I would love to have one at some point in my life. Also, I know they are exceptionally long lived...does that apply to all other lungfish species? Is 100 years feasible for all of them?

Norbert

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Lokasenna;1925304; said:
On a slight side note, how does one go about legally obtaining an aussie lung? What's the cost? I would love to have one at some point in my life. Also, I know they are exceptionally long lived...does that apply to all other lungfish species? Is 100 years feasible for all of them?
I got mine through Mike at H2O Aquatics (Vendor here), if I understand the permiting issue it is required to get the fish into the country but is not required to possess the fish once it is here?

You also might want to research whether they are legal in Arizona.

I have no idea about the longevity of other lungs, you might want to post that as a seperate question, I would be interested to know myself.

MrGuyPerson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
As far as the breathing thing, don't worry. Neoceratodus is not as much of an air breather as the other lungfish are. In fact, it has reduced lungs (only 1 vs 2 lungs in the others) and relies much more on its gills.

Norbert

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
MrGuyPerson;1927706; said:
As far as the breathing thing, don't worry. Neoceratodus is not as much of an air breather as the other lungfish are. In fact, it has reduced lungs (only 1 vs 2 lungs in the others) and relies much more on its gills.
Thanks! good to know

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store