My New Baby: Wden

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
Apparently, Wōden thinks "Ghost shrimp" are like pop corn. He's actively hunting them down and feasting on their tiny bodies...

Ponera

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Ghost shrimp don't last long in any tank I've ever had, save for one exceptionally large one named heinrich that would pinch anything that came near.

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
For my Ornates i usually feed a mix of raw cut up shrimp, tilapia fillets, cod fillets, and every other day massivore.. Works well with all my Bichirs and Dats.. :)

LancasterK26

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2014
Auburn, WA
So, I am totally excited! I bought my baby Wōdensome silversides today. I just thawed one out and put it in the tank. Nosurprise... It was floating on the surface like a dead fish. That’s when Igrabbed it by the tail and offered it directly to Wōden. He ate it right out ofmy hand!! He loved it!! I am so happy right now. :grinno: :woot:

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
Katie's doing the happy dance. she dangled it right in front of him... one quick lunge and it was munch, munch, gone! That was fun to watch.

LancasterK26

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2014
Auburn, WA
And now, I have a female ghost shrimp releasingfry in my shrimp tank. This is turning out to be an awesome day. I am happy!This has given me another opportunity to get my children interested andinvolved in my Wōdencare. Good day!!

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
We also put some new Ghost shrimp in for him today, and one was dropping fry. We switched it to the breeder tank (2 gallon tank with lots of Java moss) she's shaking them off into the moss right now. I know it's a long shot to actually breed and have the fry mature into adults, but, what the heck. We have lots of shrimp with eggs on, and have created the best environment we can... it could happen...

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Haha, how did you get the ghost shrimp to drop eggs, i was under the impression that they only dropped shrimplets in brackish water :/

LancasterK26

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2014
Auburn, WA
Haha, how did you get the ghost shrimp to drop eggs, i was under the impression that they only dropped shrimplets in brackish water :/
I bought a bunch of shrimp a week ago and noticed that some of them had eggs. So I went to the pet store and bought a CHEAP 2½ gallon tank with a filter and some java moss. Then I filled the tank with water and gravel from Wōden’stank. Then I transferred the pregnant shrimp. My idea: If they die, oh well, they were cheap. If they live, cool. Nature has taken over and and I now have shrimplets floating around. I hope they survive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store