My new fish room with some pics

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Fundulopanchax Gardneri (gold lafia)
It's a mop spawning killifish. The pic is of one of my babies all grown up. I still have the original parents that are roughly 2.5 years old now. That would be about 90 in human years.

BigJO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
Australia
Thanks loach the body shape and particularly the fins remind me of the purple spotted gudgeon (Mogurnda mogurnda) my father owns.

Haven't had anything to do with killifish before but that photo got me interested. Them seem like great little fish though their a bit hard to get in australia (i've already joined an aussie killifish forum)

I found this post during my research, has some great pics of different killifish if your interested http://aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php?t=512&highlight=killies

by the way did you end up getting the Hillstream Loaches? i've heard they can be hard to keep while others have said their quite hardy.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Thanks for the link. I haven't got the loach tank set up yet. it will be on a stand with 6 other smaller tanks. Working on that now. I don't think the loaches will be hard to keep as long as I don't let their temp get too high. The critical part will likely be acclimating them to a new tank. That's probably where people fail the most.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Hi, nothing paramount added since my last post. One 20L, a 47g, 6X 10g tanks and a 55g ro water holding tank. I also set up a 75 but that's in the living room. Lots of resealing and refurbishing of old tanks. I'll post some pics when something more visually exciting happens. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store