My new flowerhorn

Bassmaster360

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
1665775453336.jpeg

Got a new kamfa flowerhorn. A few reasons why I thought he was special that motivated me to get him:
- Super red coloration, as intense as a ZZ SRD. Most kamfa-type have pinkish coloration, not super red.
- White-eye monkeyface.
- Hammer kok shape (oblong oval instead of ball-shaped). You see hammer heads every now and then with kamfas and almost never with ZZ SRD. He's 5", so that kok is coming out nicely. I know kamfa kok take time compared to ZZ; great genetics ZZ seem to have tennis-ball size koks at his size.
- Nice pearling like a king kamfa (some would argue he is a King Kamfa due to his pearling pattern, but some would argue king kamfa needs double flower line).
- Classic vieja body shape and finnage, not like square modern flowerhorns with big belly.

If I could give him a descriptor name (silly... I know), it would be "super red monkeyface king kamfa".

Tell me what you think. I know he's not perfect, but I've never had a kamfa like him before, so I'm sure you can tell I'm excited to watch him grow and see him blossom. He reminds me a lot of the multiple SRD ZZ I've had in the past.

Bassmaster360

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA

Zmeflyby

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2016
Nice catch. I was waiting for the price to go down on this guy, but you grabbed him before I could! You should post a video update. Have fun with him.

Reactions: Bassmaster360

Bassmaster360

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Nice catch. I was waiting for the price to go down on this guy, but you grabbed him before I could! You should post a video update. Have fun with him.
Thanks! Yep, I'll post a pic and/or vid update soon. It's been a week now and he's been doing great. Healthy, eating a ton, and very interactive with me. His colors and kok are coming back gradually too. Not 100% back yet, but that's expected due to shipping stress and change in water parameters.

Reactions: Zmeflyby
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store