My new must have tool for maintenance!

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
I know like me everyone here here is religious about tank maintenance so I wanted to share with yall my newest tool …..THE WORX HYDROSHOT portable power washer. Ive been using this thing for a month now and its perfect for my needs. If you find yourself rinsing a lot of media whether you have a bunch of tanks or just few large tanks like me try this thing out. I bought the 40 volt volt version that runs at 450 psi which is perfect ...it has maybe about double the pressure of a firemans type nozzle on your hose which will not tear up your media like a huge 1500 psi pressure washer. The 40 volt version batteries give me about 30 to 40 mins of run time. The kit comes with a long hose that you can either leave in bucket of tank water but I just simply stuck in my tank directly. I added a 3 ounce fishing weight on the end so that my monsterfish don't push it around. Rinsing your media with tank water has never been easier. I use 2 inch thick Japanese filter media instead of bioballs and this thing cuts thru the dirt like butter and its used on my basic prefilter sponges with no damage. Work even has a 2 liter bottle attachment which I ordered as I plan to bring thing with me fishing so I can rinse my gear with freshwater when im done.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Although I have been using my water hose nozzle thus far that looks like something I could keep around,especially if it won't blow apart the filter media.

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
They make a 20volt version also thats a little less powerful and of course less run time half the price $100 but i like the 40volt ..bought it at Lowes by the way

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They make a 20volt version also thats a little less powerful and of course less run time half the price $100 but i like the 40volt ..bought it at Lowes by the way
Cool,wasn't aware that Worx products were carried in stores.I've seen their infomercials on tv.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store