My new snow leopard ray and pictures of development

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
@cal, I know you say that only a few will turn white, alot of people do. But where is the proof of this?

All the adult xingus I have seen have been white/gray, both pics from the hobby and from the wild.

I just have a feeling the white type is so rare only because pretty much no one owns adult specimens.

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
@cal, I know you say that only a few will turn white, alot of people do. But where is the proof of this?

All the adult xingus I have seen have been white/gray, both pics from the hobby and from the wild.

I just have a feeling the white type is so rare only because pretty much no one owns adult specimens.
mines smaller than most of the pictures we have both seen my friend.

my buddie also has one smaller than mine thats already whiter and will probably be the nicest xingu known.so i dont only think it has to do with size anders.
i know you and me both have probably seen every video and photo and every thread on them possible so you know exactly the same as everybody. but maybe you have not seen the post on mfk a few years back when a fellow out in europe bred xingus and his breeder sized female was not white! i also remember seeing a photo of two wild ones that are very large that were not white aswell.so maybe you have not seen everything? their really is not alot about this ray maybe a dozen photos or so and a few videos so how can one base anything.i have seen smaller ones turn white so who knows whats the deal with them.

anders what complex is this ray part of again lol :)

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
but maybe you have not seen the post on mfk a few years back when a fellow out in europe bred xingus and his breeder sized female was not white!
Yes, that ray is thomas peters. And it turned white... You have even posted a pic of it in this thread? I belive it was called "white xingu star" back then. And he was breeding hybrids as he only had a female as far as I remember.

Most of the pics I have seen are from exporters and pics from friends. The only xingu pictures I have seen here have been immature rays.

Im not suprised if some dont turn into a gem like the rays in this thread. But most of the pics I have seen from brazil have looked very much like them (adults). Some were brown with white spots though (adults).

And BTW my complex theori turned out to be almost correct mr 1 kg salt pr. liter. ;)

mjuniorc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Fish Room
beautiful specimen. thanks for sharing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store