My new tank (first real MONSTER)

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
I think I'm getting one of these 1K heaters from this link Li gave me. I'll spend the extra b/c I like the controlers. and is a good name.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
koop171;2350221; said:
I think I'm getting one of these 1K heaters from this link Li gave me. I'll spend the extra b/c I like the controlers. and is a good name.
That's cool...is there any reason you are going to just run 1-1000watt heater?
I figured you'd run 2x 500watt for saftey reasons... If 1 fails then you still have one to keep temp and if it sticks ON, then it's not too much to cook anyone...

seds

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
Canada
doods;2334776; said:
how about a hundred neon tetra hehehe, just joking. If I had a tank like that I'll still be putting Piranhas in there.
I would want to put 200 or so of some kind of barb or tetra. That would be amazing! I would want about 20 T-barbs and the rest as Rosy or Tiger barb.

Actually if I set up a public aquarium (my life's goal) I would have like a 20,000 gallon tank stocked with small barbs... another one with a hundred or so upside down catfish and a hundred Congo tetras... One with tinfoils, clown loaches and bala sharks... etc etc... I like a ton of mid-size shoaling fish a lot better than a few huge fish.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
zennzzo;2350279; said:
That's cool...is there any reason you are going to just run 1-1000watt heater?
I figured you'd run 2x 500watt for saftey reasons... If 1 fails then you still have one to keep temp and if it sticks ON, then it's not too much to cook anyone...

I will more then likly get two for a backup I was looking at the dual 1000 watters. but I didn't want to have to run the 20amp outlet. and I only need one for now. So I will get one when I get the cash and by the time it is done cycling I should have enough money to get the other. I don't think 1000watt should fry anyone. hell I got 800 in a 125. ( I went crazy)

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
zennzzo;2350339; said:
Hey Bro a single 400watt in a 125 can cook 'em if it goes wild, believe me...

I will be moving heaters around in the near future. I think one if them will go to the other 125. or I am looking into a 240 from CL and if I get that that's where the other will go. It was my first tank setup and I didn't really know what I was doing. But At the saem time I never fixed my mistakes.

I may not get that plumbing done this weekend I had to work some OT (thank god) and I am cutting firewood today. So if I have time I will if not. I will try to get it done before the week is out.

mz64life

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2008
California
just found this thread tonight (i know, i know) and all I can say is awesome!! can't wait to see some update pics!!
:popcorn:

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
hurry and get this tank together ... you could have it stocked for free if you can beat everyone else to picking up KNH's fish!

quit cutting wood, and cycle that tank!!! hahaha
jk man, hope the tank is coming along well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store