my new tank

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Thanks for the pics. The lights look like they would be okay for softies. Leathers, mushrooms, zoos, button polyps but im not sure about any higher light corals. I still dont know much about the light lol. I would say your best bet is to take a bulb into your LFS so they can see and pick there brains a little bit. Find a good store first, one that hopefully wont lie to ya lol, and see what they say. I would imagine that if the owner before you had coral then you okay, however i would make a bulb change if you can get the same bulbs

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
your lighting is a little on the low side for corals, not because you don't have the right bulbs(t5HO are great) but because you don't have enough of them, you could probably keep a few zoanthids and mushrooms. t5HO bulbs only need to be replaces every 18~24mo so they should be fine.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
How long was the tank owned by the previous owner, and how long by you??

Are the light bulbs HO or just regular T-5? you can find this info by looking at the ballast and see what they run at and then looking at the bulbs and seeing what there rated at.

as stated a few times above however you stock for coral is going to be limited until you get all the necessary specs on your current lighting, and as danyal said, to add more.

just my .02 on the subject.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
The lighting system looks much better and you should be okay for corals lol. How many watts are the HQI's and what bulbs are the actinic/daylight. Power compact or T5 HO??
otherwise looks a lot better then what you had.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store