My OTHER scaled friends. Aka SNAKES!!!

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
Yeah. My carpets are nasty. Shame on me!!! :( I've just had a hard time finding something that I like more. As far as humidity goes their whole room has a humidifier and it's kept between 50-55% with about 2-4 hours a day of less. Hopeing to prevent mold growth. Either I've been lucky so far or it has been working.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Yeah. My carpets are nasty. Shame on me!!! :( I've just had a hard time finding something that I like more. As far as humidity goes their whole room has a humidifier and it's kept between 50-55% with about 2-4 hours a day of less. Hopeing to prevent mold growth. Either I've been lucky so far or it has been working.

Or you're just not supplying enough humidity... I wouldn't call that lucky. Up the humidity, change the substrate. It doesn't matter what you like, the snake comes first. Get some organic, no manure dirt.

oddballfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
calgary ab canada
Lol. I hear ya there I am seriously considering charging admission!!! What snakes do you have? I have a carpet python that wasn't shown also. She's growing like a weed!! Lol.

Ive got 1 female redtail boa (6'+)2 ball pythons (4' and 5')and a hypo corn snake(5') my boa I actually just got 2-3 weeks ago n seems to b the most pink red tail ive ever seen lol had her given to me because she got a really bad lung infection during the floods in ab

Trapped in a house in part of calgary that was under water because the city wouldent allow ppl to go and get there belongings let alone there pets ... sad thing is there tons of storys about pets like that

Sent from my LG-E971 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
Aww man. That's a sad deal. I'm glad you could take her. Did she require antibiotics or recover on her own with some TLC?

oddballfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
calgary ab canada
Lots of tlc n I had a good friend tell me to treat her with tea tree oil n vix in boiling water n kinda just let her breath in the vapors for a little bit , wash her off n let her be for a few days

Thus far shes done a total turn around :)

Sent from my LG-E971 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
Wow. That's amazing!! I'm so happy for you! Everything I've read says that they'll require antibiotics of they get a RI. That makes me so happy!! Lol. :D

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
I don't know why you are still going on about the humidity... Everything I have seen says 50-70 for both boas and balls. Even if you don't agree with me on that I will tell you that my snakes are eating machines and they never refuse a meal. Even when they are in shed. That pic of the boa was taken right before she ate a large rat. Frozen thawed of course. So ok your saying to yourself ....." just cause they are eating doesn't mean that the humidity is ok." Yes and no. Will a snake eat if humidity is to low...sure it will...but what do snakes do when they're sick? Most stop eating. So what about sheds? I promise you that my ball has only had one bad shed and that was when I was gone and the snake sitter didn't fill the humidifier!! I was pissed!!! But guess what... A good couple soaks and the humidifier back up and running and it was all better!! The boa and carpet python have always had great sheds. Not a bad shed once for those two. And oh yeah....I've been keeping the boa like this going on 2 years and it's never had a problem. Always a good shed always eats and never a sign of illness or infection. Trust me....I look them over really well every week. check their eyes, scales, belly, mouth, vent, breathing sounds, etc. My wife wishes I checked her over as well as I do my snakes. Lol. But I digress. If something works for someone else but you don't agree with it then don't knock it until you've tried it. If I ever have problems because of something I did then I will take the necessary steps to correct it. But never had a problem yet so like the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
If it aint broke but there's building pressure threatening to break it, fix it. I could argue that you could keep a kid in conditions that are not favorable, but he's eating so it must be ok right? Provide natural conditions, which this is not. I hope you are in this hobby for the love of the animal, if not this surely isn't the hobby for you. The responsibility you took on as a keeper is to ensure this animal has the best life possible. Not just adequate. Up the humidity, its not hard. And change the carpets out for soil or mulch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store