My own flooded horror story

winston.smith

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2014
ny
I didn't made the tank, the manufacturer manager said that a 1/4" thick glass will suffice but now I've seen the result. Flooded our house, and the freaking manager didn't answer all my calls and text when I said the tank's broken. Well I'm back to my old 50g.
Nightmare scenario. Sorry that hap'd to you..! I live in an apt, that would probably get me kicked out..Here is an acrylic tank that burst in a public place: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/03/18/giant-fish-tank-bursts-open-at-downtown-disney-restaurant/

so no liability on their part -the manufacturer and seller?. Someone could have been hurt had that happened at the wrong time. And they are still making and selling the same product? I dont know where you live but it sounds tome like you could have a possible civil case, especially if you can show 14" to be substandard for the industry, if thats possible.
Or just tell the seller and manufacturer what happened and see what their attitude about it is. It may happen quite often.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
That would almost assuredly make for a civil suit in the us. Sorry to hear about that. Is the endli alright?

oSEAdCichoMike83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2015
Schaghticoke New York
I accidentally scored the glass bottom in my 75 gallon last fall while doing a water change & tweaking the screen lid I made. I dropped my wire cutter into the tank & since it landed in the sand & pebbles I thought nothing of it. Well when I filled the tank back up about a half hour later I heard a huge crunch sound & saw water spraying out from underneath. Tempered glass & the surface area from the tip of the wire cutters & the force must have been just enough to etch the glass & it exploded into a million pieces. Lost my Oscars from cuts. My downstairs neighbor was furious but hey that's how we learn. Acrylic from now on. You're lucky you didn't get a huge cut man

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store