MY PACMAN CATFISH TRIED TO EAT MY CHACA CATFISH

Yellowcat

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
SoCal
This species originates from the Sao Francisco river in Brazil, as does the cephalosilurus fowleri. Both species, among many others, have been banned from export from Brazil for many years, unless something has changed...

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
This species originates from the Sao Francisco river in Brazil, as does the cephalosilurus fowleri. Both species, among many others, have been banned from export from Brazil for many years, unless something has changed...
No i don't think anything has changed they were ban from export before I ever owned one

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
So much for my ugly cats combo my pacman catfish tried to eat my chaca cat i stopped him thankfully. They are almost the same size. Now the pacman is acting as if hes trying to get a nasty taste out him mouth. I wonder if the chaca has some kind of poison or nasty defence. Good thing i was sitting by the tank at the time. LMAO

Chaca Chacas have the capability to secrete something like irritating chemical from their skin. Most big fish don't like this.

Also Chaca Chaca have a lethal dorsal fin which can inflict a very painful wound to fish who try to swallow it.

Both these fish are awsm btw. Love them both. Very interesting creatures.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Chaca Chacas have the capability to secrete something like irritating chemical from their skin. Most big fish don't like this.

Also Chaca Chaca have a lethal dorsal fin which can inflict a very painful wound to fish who try to swallow it.

Both these fish are awsm btw. Love them both. Very interesting creatures.
Yea figured that from the incident then I dug up some pretty good info on these and a few other cats I was keeping around this time before my old computer crashed. Both these cats are some of my favorites, doing another chaca tank soon. This guy was a lazy pig

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store