my plywood 600 gallon build!

okiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
enid, ok
me too, lot of thought and planning in it. ready to see the finished product and how it all comes together

okiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
enid, ok
progress as of tonight. liner installed, all paint and trim work done. hoping to order the glass this friday after get paid.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Very nice
What is going in it? Will it be heated and what are you doing for filtration?

okiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
enid, ok
it has a 1x2 frame on the outside for the glass to press against and hoping silicone to the liner to do the job of sealing it. unless someone has a better recommendation, that was my first idea to try. i am planning on 3 stingrays, some clown loaches, bala sharks?? not sure on what all is going in yet. yes it will be heated with 3 eheim 300w heaters in the sump. and it will be filtered through pillow fiber, then alot of bio balls, and returned with a pump capable of 3600gph.

okiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
enid, ok
oh, on top it will have plexiglass to help keep heat in in the winter and dirt out. the plexi will be cut in half and both sections hinged to the back so they can be opened for viewing, cleaning and any other needs for access from the top.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
plexiglass will bow over time so you may want to leave the panels loose so they can be flipped over. this will keep them straight.

okiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
enid, ok
hmmm true. thought about putting in a center support to help, but not sure yet. havent even purchased these yet so still have some time to plan.

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
Nice... I have often thought of doing a small window tank... Lets face the hard facts here... the window is the expensive part, so to be able to save there makes it possible to have a MUCH larger tank on the same budget! I just don't think I would fully enjoy it and it really makes alot of tanks look as though they are prison cells when you look in. Yours seems to have a different look than the norm though so hopefully it will be good.

I am also curious to see how you will seal around the window with the liner... it always ends up being creative on how people do this since isn't really a tried and true method (Current dream senerio is a liner tank with a nice big glass window... cut back on the cost of sealing the tank and spend more on the veiwing :D LOL)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store