my polkadot ray.......

cavallino

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2004
Singapore
zhuangsw said:
nice pdr u got bro cavallino, its such a pity it has to go on to fish heaven.. was it your only ray?
get another ray and put it into fish tanks next time lor.
thanks. yes it was my only ray at the time so now i'm rayless.. :cry:

tyson

Stingray Master
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Tropical Island
arowanaclub.com
zhuangsw said:
nice pdr u got bro cavallino, its such a pity it has to go on to fish heaven.. was it your only ray?
get another ray and put it into fish tanks next time lor.

btw, tyson, i read that in South America, where rays come from. they got season, depending on water level. so maybe it could be factors that help induce your rays to breed?

during low water season, they mate. coz easier for the male to catch the female withouth her having alot of water height to swim away. plus also nature instint to want to faster reproduce? as they know that when the flooded season comes, the puppies would be born at the most optimum time..

so maybe you can try playing around with water levels in periods? well, can give it a try, nothing much to lose mah.. experiement till you get them!
Thanks bro, I read about it too.
Wanted to try but my pond only 2 feet deep leh.
Lower to 1 feet, the water may get too warm & the rays get too much tanning. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

zhuangsw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2005
tyson said:
Thanks bro, I read about it too.
Wanted to try but my pond only 2 feet deep leh.
Lower to 1 feet, the water may get too warm & the rays get too much tanning. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead
make it 1.2 feet or something lor... then buy a chiller. u so rich.. haha
must try to find out the factors to encourage them to breed.

btw, roughly 100 days (rays gestation period) from the previous batches of puppies born, was it really hot weather period or the rainy season?

cavallino

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2004
Singapore
redtailfool said:
Sorry for the loss. Thats a beautiful leo. Black diamond variant right?
hey there.. no, it's a standard leo... the one in ezman's avatar is the black diamond... it rocks!!! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store