My protege.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
she's the type of person who wants the fluorescent gravel, fake plants and obscene ornaments.
I put a tank together for my daughter in this style, i have posted pics before, i recall you not believing it was for a 6 year old girl and insinuating it was mine!
Even though it was against all my instincts i quite enjoyed buying all the fluro gear and setting it up. Its fun sometimes to do something you wouldnt normally do and a bit of a challenge to make such things in a tank look "good".
Let her bring out a bit of your flamboyant, side you might enjoy the process and set up a small psychedelic tank of your own.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I put a tank together for my daughter in this style, i have posted pics before, i recall you not believing it was for a 6 year old girl and insinuating it was mine!
Even though it was against all my instincts i quite enjoyed buying all the fluro gear and setting it up. Its fun sometimes to do something you wouldnt normally do and a bit of a challenge to make such things in a tank look "good".
Let her bring out a bit of your flamboyant, side you might enjoy the process and set up a small psychedelic tank of your own.
Hmmm...can't be sure, but...better to not take any chances...

^ BOT! :)

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Best of luck to her, and to you:) I hope you enjoy this and also spend quality time with her.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Looking forward to seeing which obscene ornaments she picks out.
I've already had a bad dream about this whole thing. I was at the till at my LFS and the manager was sniggering at me as we paid for our blue gravel and spongebob squarepants ornament.

This weekend is going to be a challenge for me for sure, lol.

Er, no, no, no. Not on my watch, ever!

However, I do like that word flamboyant and maybe I need to embrace it a little more. Maybe I'll take my sister in law to my LFS at weekend wearing my wife's dress. It's a little off the shoulder number and I would look extremely flamboyant in it.

There's more chance of that happening than me setting up a fishtank which requires sunglasses to look at it, lol.

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!!
For 35 years I have dove straight in expecting that eventually she'd get the hint and it has never worked even once. The only thing it earns me is a feigned expression that's supposed to indicate that I'm a cornhole, a slightly cooler home and a temporary absence of passive aggressive statements.

Tonight I invited her to dinner knowing she'd find a way to play the martyr. Something like "no, I'll just have some cottage cheese and a dog fart".

I then enjoyed a lovely meal in my own company and when I got home her first statement was "well, did you eat it all'?

I said that I had three bites and donated the rest to a homeless person.

There's a lovely stillness in my home tonight. The clock resets tomorrow at about 7:00a

I just fed the fish and they agree that I'm the coolest.

They don't realize it's just the temp drop in the room.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I've already had a bad dream about this whole thing. I was at the till at my LFS and the manager was sniggering at me...However, I do like that word flamboyant and maybe I need to embrace it a little more...There's more chance of that happening than me setting up a fishtank which requires sunglasses to look at it, lol.
Esox, my granddaughter just called me, and I can scarcely believe the news: she says she has discovered, in a tiny little hole-in-the-wall pet shop in the mall where she and her mother sometimes go...Him!

Whaddaya mean, "Him who?" Him! My long-lost little diver buddy, a victim of my wife's knee-jerk reaction to cleaning, now mouldering in some land-fill, wringing his little plastic hands together and silently crying for me to rescue him. Him!

She didn't notice if this were the same version of him, complete with a little treasure chest under his arm and a savage-looking knife menacingly raised, ready to strike at some invisible submarine monster...but she said he was available in two colours, red and blue. We've already got a date set for the two of us to go back and rescue one of him...but now I see I will need two...

So, do you prefer red or blue? And what's your mailing address? I'm assuming you'll want to connect his airline so his bubbles work; do you need a check valve as well?

Let me know...:)

• Haha
Reactions: esoxlucius and AR1

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
So, do you prefer red or blue? And what's your mailing address?
No need buddy, I went to my LFS today with the wife and her sister to sort her sister out with fish and what not for her newly set up tank. I tend not to look at the tacky stuff when I go, but the wife's sister was on it like a moth attracted to light. And I was amazed at the selection of stuff...divers too should I require one, lol.

In fact something quite astonishing happened today. The wife's sister couldn't make her mind up so came away with ideas only. But I have a feeling she's going to go with tiger barbs. They had the standard striped ones, the green ones and some gold ones, so we may end up with a bit of a mix for her. I think we're going back next week.

But the astonishing bit was that my wife actually took an interest in what was going on and went all gooey over a solitary mustard gas betta. So gooey in fact that she asked me if we could get it!!! I was amazed because my wife, on many occasions, has made it perfectly clear that she has no love for my hobby whatsoever.

So I've set up a little makeshift temporary tank for it and put it in the kitchen so she can talk to it, and boy, does she talk to it!! She's smitten. I must admit though he's a good looking little fish.

So....meet Flash, the mustard gas betta.
IMG_20240512_190423_HDR.jpgIMG_20240512_190001_HDR.jpg

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
. Maybe I'll take my sister in law to my LFS at weekend wearing my wife's dress. It's a little off the shoulder number and I would look extremely flamboyant in it.
There is a fine line between being flamboyant and getting arrested for public obscenity.

Nice Betta though, maybe you will be setting up a tank for sister in law and wife now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store