My Pump Died - Replacement Suggestions?

itsKRUDD

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I have a 120g drilled tank so I'm looking for a new pump. I bought the tank and pumps used like 6 years ago so I don't know what the pump was. Any affordable suggestions for the tank? Tank houses 1 medium peacock bass. Preferably Amazon purchases that I can use prime for. Thanks!

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I've been running Jebao DCT pumps since Nov, happy with my purchase so far.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I think brand wise, I don't think you can beat the Jebao for the price and it's a DC pump, folks have reported it being quiet too with fairly good reliability. For a bit more, I use the Waveline of DC pumps. Waveline doesn't have good reviews for the few it does have on Amazon given the earlier Gen1 model. The Gen2 have been improved with larger controller and heat syncs. So don't let the few reviews deter you.

You'll want to know how much turnover rate you for any pump to decide the right model of course.

Reactions: itsKRUDD

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Without knowing your desired turn over rate, volume of sump, submersible vs. externally plumbed etc.. It's is really just personal opinions/preference from here. If you can provide those details we can help you narrow in on the best choice.

Have a look into: Laguna "max flo" pumps. One of the best on the market from an energy consumption vs. flow rate, ratio. These are great pumps in general. I have a few and have nothing but positive things to say. For external pumps I only use Reeflo models and have nothing but positive things to say about Reeflo as well.

itsKRUDD

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Without knowing your desired turn over rate, volume of sump, submersible vs. externally plumbed etc.. It's is really just personal opinions/preference from here. If you can provide those details we can help you narrow in on the best choice.

Have a look into: Laguna "max flo" pumps. One of the best on the market from an energy consumption vs. flow rate, ratio. These are great pumps in general. I have a few and have nothing but positive things to say. For external pumps I only use Reeflo models and have nothing but positive things to say about Reeflo as well.
Thanks for all the responses. My usual rule of thumb with tanks I set up myself was 10x turn over rate per hour on my tanks. My current set up is a 20g sump I believe and the pumps are submerged inside the sump. I'll look into these, thanks!

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Thanks for all the responses. My usual rule of thumb with tanks I set up myself was 10x turn over rate per hour on my tanks. My current set up is a 20g sump I believe and the pumps are submerged inside the sump. I'll look into these, thanks!
If you're already set up for submersible then you absolutely should. I would recommend these over mag drives etc.. X10 is a great turn over rate

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
I like my deepwater aquatics dc pump. Just purchased a jebao dc pump for my 125g but haven't installed it yet.

ccTcc

Feeder Fish
Apr 7, 2015
United States
Suprised Noone has mentioned siccie I have the syncra 5.0 and i love it.1375 gph I belive and had been running for 3 yearswith no problems.I do wish they will make a bigger

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store