MY RED SEA AQUARIUM BUILD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Mr.Tiddles (feline cat) woke me up this morning. He was sitting next to my head kissing me all over my face trying to wake me up so he can get his food. It was the cutest thing i ever seen.
Did you forget to wipe off your milkstache after dinner last night?
;-)

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
I have been pondering purchasing some cheap chinese blue leds from Ebay to use as a moonlight or to add some color to the coral. Im also going to buy better bulbs from aquatraders soon. I dont like the 50/50 bulbs. Im going to opt for 1 full white and 1 full blue.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
good job making yourself wait, biggs.
:cool-1:

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
I have been pondering purchasing some cheap chinese blue leds from Ebay to use as a moonlight or to add some color to the coral. Im also going to buy better bulbs from aquatraders soon. I dont like the 50/50 bulbs. Im going to opt for 1 full white and 1 full blue.
If you go the Chinese route like I did, be sure to get the 3w LED's. I have 64 3w LEDS (16 blue, 48 10K) and they look amazing! I got mine from a seller on eBay named TopDogSellers

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
If you go the Chinese route like I did, be sure to get the 3w LED's. I have 64 3w LEDS (16 blue, 48 10K) and they look amazing! I got mine from a seller on eBay named TopDogSellers

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
You misunderstand. This is just accent lighting. To make the corals colors pop. I dont plan nor want to fully convert to led. If i get them they'll just be .08watt blue leds. A couple dozen. And maybe throw in a few red and such.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
You misunderstand. This is just accent lighting. To make the corals colors pop. I dont plan nor want to fully convert to led. If i get them they'll just be .08watt blue leds. A couple dozen. And maybe throw in a few red and such.
If your ever planning or plan to switch out your light I'd go with a kessil a150w. I got it 2 months ago and I love it, it defenitly makes the corals pop with color.. Here's a pic

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360468054.003587.jpg

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Why don't you buy good bulbs instead of just getting more cheap ones. Then you wouldn't need to waste money on accent lighting that wont do anything to make your corals look better.

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
If your ever planning or plan to switch out your light I'd go with a kessil a150w. I got it 2 months ago and I love it, it defenitly makes the corals pop with color.. Here's a pic

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I like your tank ckc

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store