MY RED SEA AQUARIUM BUILD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
Hi i havent seen 1 of my peppermint shrimp in over a week. Should i be worried?

This specific shrimp was found eating a shedded exoskeleton over 2 weeks ago. But she should have LONG since regrew her shell plus she was swimming out in the open before her shell even grew back. That was the last confirmed sighting on Monday of last week. 2/4/13.

The other bigger peppermint is out and about so much, during feeding time he goes up to the very top of the tank and lets me pet him. Unfortunately the clown fish got pissed because the peppermint was taking all of 'his' food and he bit off one of his legs. I shooo'd the clown away with my hand and the shrimp ran back to his cave. All is good though. Only a minor injury. He doesnt even seem to notice the missing leg. Its supposedly a common injury, i see shrimp all the time missing a leg or two, even 3 is only fairly uncommon around here.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Hi i havent seen 1 of my peppermint shrimp in over a week. Should i be worried?

This specific shrimp was found eating a shedded exoskeleton over 2 weeks ago. But she should have LONG since regrew her shell plus she was swimming out in the open before her shell even grew back. That was the last confirmed sighting on Monday of last week. 2/4/13.

The other bigger peppermint is out and about so much, during feeding time he goes up to the very top of the tank and lets me pet him. Unfortunately the clown fish got pissed because the peppermint was taking all of 'his' food and he bit off one of his legs. I shooo'd the clown away with my hand and the shrimp ran back to his cave. All is good though. Only a minor injury. He doesnt even seem to notice the missing leg. Its supposedly a common injury, i see shrimp all the time missing a leg or two, even 3 is only fairly uncommon around here.
Yeah that's fine, I had two peppermint shrimp in my tank and I never even saw them, the only way I knew is because when saw small pieces of aptasia on my rock and the next day it would be gone.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Omg! The skimmer supposedly comes in today! Its at the house atm! Any tips on installation? Its a tunze 9002 with the basket. Didnt buy the modified collection cup tho.
Just a suggestion but you might want to let it break in on a 5 gal bucket of aquarium water so you don't have to worry about over flows on your tank, thats what I did.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store